Emerging from that quarantine cacoon?
We finally got the memo and apparently, Summer 2020 is still happening! A few of you are even outchea enjoying your vacation plans and it's upsetting me and my homegirl because we missed out on our Jamaica trip but I digress.
Now that summer is officially un-cancelled, we wanted to share a few of our favourite smoothie bowl recipes with you. After all the quarantine snacks, banana cake recipes and general enjoyment, it's time to emerge in all your glory. As much as we would love to take all the credit, beauty starts from within.
Smoothie bowls are a great way to get your fruits and veggies in and they work in the mornings or as a mid-day snack. We don’t know about you, but if something looks aesthetically pleasing, we seem to enjoy it more?
Below are a few inspirations for your next smoothie bowl... and it's as easy as, blend, pour and jazz up! Simply grab the ingredients, put into a blender for a few minutes, blend until a thick paste, pour into your favourite bowl and decorate with any toppings of your choice. And because we all like hacks... If you have any unused fruit, pop it in a freezer bag and freezer for another day.
Berry Smoothie Bowl- A go-to
- 200 g (1 cup) frozen mixed berries
- 1 medium banana, peeled and roughly chopped
- 260 ml (1 cup + 2 tbsp) unsweetened almond milk, or other dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
For the topping:
You can add any toppings that you like or follow the image...
- Red fruit (Strawberries, Raspberries, Cherries, Watermelon, Red Grapes)
- Orange & yellow fruits (Oranges, Mango, Apricots, Papaya, Passionfruit, Peaches, Banana, Pineapple)
- Green fruit (Grapes, Kiwi)
- Blue & purple fruits (Blueberries, Blackberries, Purple Grapes, Mulberries)
That is vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free! Yes, please!
- 1 chopped frozen banana
- 1/2 a frozen courgette/zucchini, chopped
- 1 tbsp thick probiotic coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk to blend!
And for the best bit… decorating
- Peanut butter
- Chia seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Coconut chips
- Coconut shreds
Strawberry and Mango
- 1.5 cups frozen mango
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 2/3 cup plant-based milk (try almond or coconut for additional flavour)
Peanut butter and Banana
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk (such as almond or coconut)
And last but definitely not least...
Blueberry Avocado Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup almond milk I used unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- A handful of baby spinach or kale
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 dates pitted
- 2-3 ice cubes
We hope you enjoy creating these smoothie bowls and even more so, enjoy eating them.
PSA: Please enjoy #Summer20 responsibly, keep your mask on while living your best life.
To your wellbeing,